12 Ways to Give Back This Christmas
As we push back from the Thanksgiving table and turn our attention toward Christmas, many of us will be filled with joy and eager anticipation for all that’s in store. The Christmas season allows us the chance to reflect on the events of the past year and all the ways God has been good to us. So naturally there’s no better time to put the greatest commandment into practice and love our neighbors.
Ministry leaders – you can use these ideas as the basis for outreach or fellowship opportunities! Not sure where to begin? In the spirit of “The 12 Days of Christmas”, here are 12 ways you can show love to the people around you.
- Bring baked goods to your local First Responders
- Make blessing bags for the homeless
- You can include items such as sunscreen, water, protein bars, socks, blankets, toiletries
- Go Christmas Caroling in your neighborhood or check with a local nursing home to bring some holiday cheer
- Visit with an elderly neighbor
- Donate your gently used toys and clothing to a local shelter or foster closet
- Volunteering at your local food bank
- Offer to babysit for a friend or neighbor
- Bring baked good or a handmade gift to your neighbors
- Adopt a family for the holidays
- Offering to help someone with their yard work, errands, and even taking down their Christmas tree and decor after the holidays
- Sending cards of encouragement / thinking about you to someone who needs it
- Sending those in the military / service a card and / or care package
From all of us here at OneEighty Digital, thank you for partnering with us! We all hope you have the merriest of Christmas seasons!